Concrete form Snap ties are basically tension members. They are designed to resist the lateral pressure of fresh concrete on vertical forms.
When properly fitted with cones or other they hold the wall forms at the proper distance to create the desired concrete wall thickness. The cones allow the snap tie to be broken off inside the concrete for surface patching.
1. Drill holes in plywood 1/8in. larger than the snap tie
head (usually 5/8in. diameter drill bit will be required
2. Place the ends of snap ties through the holes in the
3. Place the bracket (Jahn? in.Ain., Jahn? in.Cin. or Omni
wedge) on the tie
4. The proper tie head position is at the midpoint or
higher of the Omni wedge slot. Correct spacing
between double wales is 5/8in. to 3/4in.
5. Jahn? in.Ain. bracket is utilized to hold a single wale and
can be installed before or after the wales have been